[CentOS] SpamAssassin under CentOS-6.4

Timothy Murphy

gayleard at alice.it
Fri Jul 12 22:20:51 UTC 2013

I wonder if anyone is actually running SpamAssassin
with Postfix/Amavisd-new under CentOS-6.4 .
I have followed the instructions in
<http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Amavisd>
but as far as I can see SpamAssassin is not working.

I should say that I do not understand from this document
what is meant to happen to spam.
I understand that a Spam header is added,
but what actually happens to email considered to be spam?

When I run spamassin --lint I get the response
---------------------------------
[tim at alfred ~]$ sudo spamassassin --lint
Jul 12 21:59:15.538 [19228] warn: config: failed to parse, now a plugin,
skipping, in "/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf": ok_languages en it fr de ga
But this is exactly where the ok_languages line is meant to go,
according to
<http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/ImproveAccuracy>.

--
Timothy Murphy