[CentOS] Back to gspca

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Tue Jul 16 18:44:57 UTC 2013

Ok... digging still more into this problem that I'm *still* fighting,
using mplayer and a higher debug level, what I *think* the significant
message is (this is just one example line):
libv4lconvert: Error decompressing JPEG: fill_nbits error: need 5 more bits
fps = 15.626953, interval = 0.096001, a_skew = 0.000000, corr_skew = 0.000000
vcnt = 1, acnt = 0

Which seems to indicate that for some reason, on *some* hardware,
libv4lconvert is doing something wrong that it did correctly in the last
kernel.

Is anyone using an older USB webcam that can look at this issue? I can't
really test it on our RHEL box (well, I suppose I could try) to put in a
ticket with them.

This is CentOS 6.4, and it's current, 2.6.32-358.11.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP
kernel.

        mark

And in other news, Linus renames the current release, 3.11 kernel, Linux
for Workgroups (for real)....