[CentOS] Back to gspca - semi-[SOLVED]

Patrick Lists centos-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 17 15:01:37 UTC 2013

Hi Mark,

On 07/17/2013 03:24 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Ok, following myself up (I've not seen any responses - is anyone
> listening?)...

Yes, I've read every email you have sent on the subject. Unfortunatly I
have no clue.

> yesterday, right before I left, I got the camera working.
> However... it only works in 320x240 mode. In 640x480, it's still mostly
> green. Based on this, I've decided my previous analysis was wrong, and the
> real clue were the error messages about "not enough bandwidth". What I now
> think is that someone made a change to the USB driver for the oldest, 1.0
> and 1.1 specs, and it only hits with certain onboard chips - nothing else
> can explain why it runs on similar but not identical hardware, running the
> same version of the o/s.

I only have a gspca webcam in my laptop and it's broken so I can't
really be of much help. The only thing I recall is that it did not work
very well with Fedora. Usually I had to grab the upstream gspca driver,
mess with some defines to get the colors right, compile it and keep
fingers crossed when inserting the module and starting cheese. The
laptop's USB version is USB1 and it has a NM10/ICH7 chipset.

FWIW, maybe try every older kernel you can get your hands on and see
where the issue no longer occurs. Then get the kernel's src.rpm and try
to figure out which patch could possibly be the culprit.

Regards,
Patrick