[CentOS] How to get Centos to recognize a Motorola RAZR V3 as a USB device?

Rock Rocksockdoc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 23:45:36 UTC 2013

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 15:57:24 +0000, David G. Miller wrote:

> As soon as I run the USB storage app the phone's SD cards
> show up on the system the phone is attached to as UBS storage devices.
> Have you looked for a USB storage app?

>From the previous thread on accessing camera files on Android,
apparently it's apples and oranges between the internal memory
of the phone and an external card.

They're apparently handled quite differently, so, nothing in the
Android world applies to the RAZR V3re.

Even in the Android world, on Centos/RHEL6 there is (apparently)
extremely little in common with how you access camera data on
the phone between the storage cards and the memory.

In fact, since accessing the camera data in memory is so extremely
difficult on Centos, one of the suggested workarounds, on Android,
is to transfer that data from the internal memory to the storage
card. Then it's *easy* to transfer!

Back on topic, unfortunately, the Motorola RAZR V3re has neither
a storage card nor Android - so nothing in the above applies.