[CentOS] What on Centos is wiping out my eth0 IP address every 5 minutes?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Jul 23 23:30:54 UTC 2013

On 7/23/2013 4:10 PM, Rock wrote:
> Am I correct in "assuming" the file to change is this one?
>   /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0
>
> And not this one?
>   /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/ifcfg-eth0

odd, the RHEL6 docs say that file should be in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts and that the files in
/etc/sysconfig/networking/devices shouldn't be messed with

https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/ch-NetworkManager.html
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/sec-Configuring_Connection_Settings.html
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/ch-Network_Interfaces.html
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/s1-networkscripts-interfaces.html
etc etc (these are all links off that first page, or each other)

on that 3rd link, note the last thing on the page about
/etc/sysconfig/networking/... being deprecated.

hmm, when you configured it with the GUI, did you set that eth0
connection to 'Manual' ?

btw re your other question about gateway, there should be ONE global
default route to the internet regardless of the interface.