[CentOS] What on Centos is wiping out my eth0 IP address every 5 minutes?

Rock Rocksockdoc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 02:34:16 UTC 2013

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 21:14:02 -0400, Darr247 wrote:

> But why not just see what IP, Gateway and DNS Servers your home router
> gives eth0 via DHCP and duplicate those settings statically? (presuming
> it's also the 192.168.1.x /24 network)

I only partially understand what I *think* you're trying to tell me as I
am clearly not a network guru.

I *think* you're saying I should first plug the laptop, by cat5 cable from
eth0 of the laptop to the home broadband router, and then write down whatever
IP address I get, the gateway, and the DNS Server thru it's DHCP assignments.
[Note: I already have a WinXP PC attached to that home broadband router, so,
maybe I can get that information from it?]

Then, I think you're saying I should take the CentOS laptop, instead of using
the puny wireless NIC inside it, I should use the eth0 NIC connected to the
23 dBm radio and its 18 dBi antenna, so that the laptop essentially has 41
decibels of WiFi beamed at the house open guest access point, 300 feet away.

Is that right?