[CentOS] How to add usb driver to CentOS 6.4 LiveCD?

James Freer jessejazza3.uk at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 10:46:19 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 3:51 AM, Jiang Wen Dong
<wendong.jiang at td-tech.com> wrote:
> I have 3 USB disk, 2 of them can not boot, because kernel does not have driver included.
>
> But I can boot this 2 disk from CentOS 5.6 LiveCD.
>
> How to add usb driver to CentOS 6.4 LiveCD?
>
> I need a simple way.
>
> Thanks.

"because kernel does not have driver included"
Is this in fact the case? I have two machines less than three year old
which DO NOT boot off the usb drive for some odd reason.

Like yourself I have gone over to usb flash drive for installing new
linux releases. The solution I have found is to install PLoP which can
be put on a CD or 3.5 floppy. I am just in the process having had two
CD/DVD 'die' recently to putting my last DVD drive in a remote drive
case and putting 3.5 floppy drives (off which I've got four) in each
machine for booting purposes.

james