[CentOS] Tomboy on F12 to Gnote on Centos

Steve Blackwell

zephod at cfl.rr.com
Sat Jul 27 19:15:46 UTC 2013

I'm trying to convert my Tomboy notes from an old F12 system to Gnote
on this CentOS 6 system.

What I have found buy googling so far:
- Tomboy notes used to be stored in $HOME/.tomboy
- Some Tomboy upgrade moved them to $HOME/.local/share/.tomboy
- Gnote stores its notes in $HOME/.local/share/gnote
- Gnote has a Tomboy note converter add-in

My Tomboy notes are in /home/steve/.tomboy so I had the old Tomboy
system.
I have the Tomboy add-in installed in Gnote

I have tried copying my notes from $HOME/.tomboy to
$HOME/.local/share/gnote and I have also tried copying them to
$HOME/.local/share/tomboy but in either case I don't see them in gnote.

Do I have a directory name wrong or is there some action needed to
start the conversion?

Thanks,
Steve