[CentOS] Update to Gnome 3

isdtor at gmail.com isdtor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 20:59:08 UTC 2013

> That's the concept behind the classic mode that was added as part of
> Gnome 3.8 and will be the default desktop on RHEL 7. Its user
> experience is right in line with Gnome 2 and isn't too much off a
> shift for existing users of RHEL, so I don't think there's any reason
> to get out the pitchforks.

 Classic mode is a joke. I've tried it briefly on F19 and only agree
 with http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showpost.php?s=d8e300363d613f371d2f39a913480ca9&p=1654983&postcount=2.
 We want our users to be productive from day one. Fiddling around with
 this extension and that extension for 28 days to get a usable desktop
 is not an option (although Gallagher's review is quite good in most regards,
  http://sgallagh.wordpress.com/2013/05/30/one-week-with-gnome-3-classic-prologue/.

 I'm looking forward to the first RHEL7 beta to see first hand what we
 will be having to deal with. Haven't seen much more than RH Summit
 presentations yet.