[CentOS] Frustrated. Java on Centos 6 doesn't give an error message when downloading from a Samsung Galaxy S3

Rock Rocksockdoc at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 14:53:09 UTC 2013

On Sun, 02 Jun 2013 16:01:05 +0200, Markus Falb wrote:

> You don't have to purchase a redhat subscription to file into their bugzilla.

OK. I opened an account, and can file the bug report:
 https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi

What should I say?

I'm confused how to write that bug report so that a developer will be
interested in it, and so that we make that developer do the *least*
amount of work possible to reproduce the problem, and, to therefore
have a convenient testcase for solving the problem for that developer,
since they are, after all, only human.

We need to make this as simple, explicit, and rewarding for them
to work on as possible.

How is this for starters?  (please modify brutally as needed!)

a) Project = Fedora Products (but should it be Redhat Products?)
b) Product = Fedora 18? (or should it be Fedora EPEL?)
c) Component = mtpfs (or should it be libmtp?)
d) Version = 18 (or should it be rawhide?)
e) Summary: The Fedora mtpfs does not allow Android 4.x media file transfer
(What's a good one-sentence summary of the problem?)
f) Description:
Description of problem:
Connecting an unlocked Android 4.x phone to Fedora 18 does not result
in the ability to transfer media from the phone to the Fedora 18 PC.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
libmtp-1.1.6-0.el6.x86_64.rpm  (or should we list the mtpfs version)?

How reproducible:
When you connect an Android 4.x smartphone to Fedora 18

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Set the Android 4.x smartphone to MTP mode (if not already)
2. Unlock the Android 4.x smartphone
3. Connect the Android 4.x smartphone to Fedora 18 by USB cable
4. The file system will _not_ show up in the Desktop browser

Actual results:
Unable to mount SAMSUNG_Android_SGH-T999
Error initializing camera: -1: Unspecified error
http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/13169313/640/13169313.png

$ dmesg
==> gvfs-gphoto2-vo[3575]: segfault at 3 ip 00007f886e7ac290 sp 00007fffacd22980
==> error 4 in ptp2.so[7f886e78c000+4f000]

The file system shows up but all the directories show up as empty:
http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/13169408/640/13169408.png

Expected results:
The file system should show up properly, with non-zero-sized files:
http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/13199358/640/13199358.png

Additional info:
https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=39977&forum=57&post_id=184608#forumpost184608