[CentOS] Cert RHCSA

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Tue Jun 4 19:39:27 UTC 2013

On 06/02/2013 11:39 AM, Micky wrote:
> Unless you really wanna spend money on it, I would say that
> certification is just a piece of paper. Ah discard that, in this case,
> it is not even a piece of paper since you don't get one after passing!
>
> Have been there, seen the guys who knew more than CEs or SAs.
>
> Just get the books, read them, study the docs and put it to use!

This is just not true.  Most companies who actually hire workers and pay
salaries want certified people.

One can certainly get a job without a certification and it does not mean
that the person who has a certification is the best thing since sliced
bread ... however, it certainly proves that the person with the
certification has a certain set of minimal qualifications.

In other words, it does not raise the ceiling (or high water mark or
maximum) for knowledge level, but it certainly raises the floor (or low
water mark or minimum) knowledge that you know the person has.

It also shows that they are at least a little concerned about what they
look like professionally.

In my experience, people who complain about how little certifications
mean don't have any and are too lazy to care about getting any ... your
mileage may vary.