[CentOS] Cert RHCSA

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Jun 4 19:49:33 UTC 2013

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 06/02/2013 11:39 AM, Micky wrote:
>> Unless you really wanna spend money on it, I would say that
>> certification is just a piece of paper. Ah discard that, in this case,
>> it is not even a piece of paper since you don't get one after passing!
>>
>> Have been there, seen the guys who knew more than CEs or SAs.
>>
>> Just get the books, read them, study the docs and put it to use!
>
> This is just not true.  Most companies who actually hire workers and pay
> salaries want certified people.
<snip>
AFAIK, the biggest effect of the cert is that the idiots in HR, who
actually have no knowledge of what they're hiring for, run the canned
searches that look for acronyms will get that as a hit.

> In my experience, people who complain about how little certifications
> mean don't have any and are too lazy to care about getting any ... your
> mileage may vary.

Well, there's another issue, Johnny: whatsit, $3k out of your checkbook?
I've yet to work for a company that would pay for that.

       mark