[CentOS] KVM console?

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 21:55:33 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 11:13 PM, Pete Travis <lists at petetravis.com> wrote:

> You can run virt-manager locally and add an ssh connection to the remote
> host for admin and use, or use 'spicec' from spice-client (iirc) for
> standalone access. For windows guests, I'd install the spice tools and qxl
> driver from spice-space.org as well.

+1. You can install virt-namanger on your management workstation
and connect to the kvm hosts with ssh. You can then grab the windows
console like you are used to. No need to run a gui on the server ;-)

On the server install the libvirt tools to start and stop the vm's if
necessary.

If you have enough hardware you could try ovirt which wants to be like vsphere
with (upstream for rhev).

--
groet,
natxo