[CentOS] OS upgrade from CentOS 6.x version.

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sun Jun 9 08:27:47 UTC 2013

On 6/9/2013 1:14 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Do i need to update it to the
> latest version

need?  no.   should?   probably.

>   and is it recommended to use yum update command to update to
> 6.5 on a production environment without testing.

if 'production' means what it does in my $job's enterprise environment,
absolutely not.   we do nothing to a production environment without
testing first in a staging environment that replicates
production.        updated of complicated production systems is tricky.

that said, things like development servers, hobby internet webservers
running a few blogs and stuff, things like that, I regularly do yum
update's on, but I also have backups if its at all important, so I can
revert to last night if there's a problem.