[CentOS] Virtualization in RHEL

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 15:18:57 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure that's correct.  (That it's the easiest).  Recently, the talk
> about going for an RHSCA made me look into KVM for the first time in
> awhile.  I had to google a bit to
> get it working--not horribly difficult (would have been easier save for
> typing Bridge instead of BRIDGE in a config file, looking at it at least 10
> times and not figuring out the error, but..).  I think VBox is more
> intuitive to the newcomer, though if the OP is wondering about this for one
> of the tests, then KVM is definitely the way to go.

Doesn't bridge creation normally work in the virt-manager GUI?   It
didn't for me because I made the mistake of trying it in a remote
freenx session which bit the dust when it unconfigured the underlying
eth? interface and left a bit of a mess.   But it looked like it would
have worked if run in a local X session.

--
    Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com