[CentOS] automatic import of rpm keys

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 11:14:02 UTC 2013

> I am wondering why this import is not happening automatically at install
> time. There must be good reasons for that?

Anaconda doesn't actually carry out gpg checks... I think it had that added
during the fedora 18/19 rewrite so EL7 might cover that but certain EL5 and
EL6 won't have that ...

Since it doesn't do gpg checks I guess the rpm keys are never added as a
result - as you say %post would resolve that ...

To maintain my systems I use Spacewalk and the kickstarts that are
generated as part of that include importing of GPG keys listed in the
spacewalk configuration...