[CentOS] IPA Client Install

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 19:09:35 UTC 2013

> > If you specify an IPA server, domain and realm does it then work?
>
> For our info it did work and now we have our "Client configuration
> complete."
>
> IPA client is installed now, will test and see.

That's good - but bear in mind sssd will be set with that IPA server
explicitly so no load balancing or failover with that set up (ie it'll have
an explicit server name and not _SRV_ for discovery)...

I'd strongly recommend making sure go through the list of TXT and SRV
records required to automatically discover the servers... they should be in
the documentation but if it's still playing up I'll grab an example from my
systems.