[CentOS] adaptec RAID - no one working with this?

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Jun 13 19:46:15 UTC 2013

m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Tom Bishop wrote:
>> snip
>>
>>> $ lspci -s 03:00 -n
>>> 03:00.0 0104: 9005:0285 (rev 09)
>>> $ lspci -s 04:00 -n
>>> 04:00.0 0104: 9005:0285 (rev 09)
>>>
>>> Which is pretty much what I thought... but again, if I go to Adaptec's
>>> site, and try to search on AAC, it returns zip.
>>>
>>> Haven't read it throughly but what about this
>> http://hwraid.le-vert.net/wiki/Adaptec
>
> Yep, found that, that's where I read that there's only the proprietary
> manager, and the only link I found googling is several years old, and
> points to an i386 rpm. My issues with that are:
> a) it may be an old version on Adaptec's site, and there may be a
> preferred, newer
>        one... but I can't find it.
> b) This is a 64 bit system, and I was hoping for a 64 bit rpm.

Following myself up: if I work my way down from that link, to
download.adaptec.com, it says it's down for maintenance; if I click on the
downloads link at the top right, it takes me to a page that wants the
model, and AAC just isn't there. I've also tried searching the site for
storman, storage manager, and Adaptec storage manager, and get nothing at
all.

And I'm sure it's long out of warranty, so they won't even let me contact
them.

       mark, getting very frustrated with Adaptec