[CentOS] What method would you suggest for installing the Pinta screenshot editor on CentOS 6.4?

Rock Rocksockdoc at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 15:11:32 UTC 2013

On Thu, 20 Jun 2013 10:05:29 +0200, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:

> You can try installing package for Fedora 14
> You can also take .src.rpm from Fedora 14 and try to recompile

Someone much smarter than I am already failed today due to dependencies:

 "Pinta looks interesting. I had been using Jshot, but it uses bounding boxes,
  sorry. I unsuccessfully tried to compile (rpmbuild --rebuild) the
  pinta-1.4-1.fc18.src.rpm with dependency issues. The biggest issue
  was mono > 2.8 *and* a couple of others. I could not find a repo that
  had the correct combination to:
   $ yum install mono-devel gtk-sharp2-devel mono-addins-devel
  and get what was needed. The closest was using a repo from:
  http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Mono:/EL6/RHEL6/
  but they seem to be missing the "gtk-sharp2-devel" requirement
  (but they have gtk-sharp2). With any luck, one of the real developers
  will step up with info."

 https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=43470&start=0#forumpost185715