[CentOS] No more support for chrome/chromium on rhel6

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 03:23:15 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 5:36 PM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> Well, there are hobby users and there are real users.  Google SHOULD
> understand the difference.

Welcome to the brave new World where Google is the new Microsoft.

Do you think if they cared about user feedback they would have left the
"New GMail"
redesign in place after the tons of negative feedback?.

http://news.techeye.net/software/google-to-angry-gmail-users-we-know-better

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2012/4/24/googles-cloud-throws-a-thunderbolt-to-gmail-users.aspx

They dont care. They "know better". They re doing software and services for
the uneducated masses, they dont care what you and I -or any other 'power
user'- thinks. Google's idea is that ideally we should run Android or
Chrome OS, not CentOS...

But the real question is: why should we freak out if a piece of Google
software becomes no longer available? The World wont end, specially when
there are capable open alternatives like Mozilla s Firefox. Think "Picasa
for Linux" (wine)

In fact, I think it's positive if we give Google LESS influence than what
they already have, not more.

FC

act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell