[CentOS] CUPS halts when no Internet

Juan De Mola juan.demola at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 13:35:23 UTC 2013

The ADSL is connected toa switch and from that switch all the other
clients and the server itself. All clients, LPD hosts and servers use
IPs, I think no name resolution must be present for it to work.

Yesterday I switched servers to a backup CentOS 5 install that works
excelent with or without Internet.

Telne, well, the software programmer has used it for years and is very
sticky to it. I am trying to force SSH on new deployments, testing the
keep alive methods.

2013/3/5 James Hogarth <james.hogarth at gmail.com>:

>> Hmmm... this sounds like common issues that crop up when you are having
> DNS resolution issues.  Are the name servers for your network on the "other
> end" of the ADSL connection?  If so, you might be able to resolve some of
> the issues by editing the hosts file to make sure the local systems are
> resolving even when the name servers are unavailable or running a local
> caching nameserver.
>>
>> Just a thought!
>> --
>
> It does sound like it could be that... But I'd just like the OP to clarify
> his network topology... Is the ADSL connected to this server and then this
> being a gateway for other systems?
>
> Also telnet? Out of sheer curiosity why the telnet server?

Juan Pablo De Mola Rodríguez