[CentOS] network connectivity lost after reboot/upgrade

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Tue Mar 5 17:38:38 UTC 2013

SilverTip257 wrote on Tue, 5 Mar 2013 12:28:29 -0500:

> But it would have been helpful if you had shared more information (think
> NIC model, NIC chipset, kernel module in use for that chipset).

Why? It's quite clear that this is a hardware failure. I tested a live CD
and PXE booting on it with the same problem before buying the new card. I
also tested the system disk fine in another machine. It's got nothing to
do with the system, although it happened right after the update/reboot.

So, other than replacing the mobo, it *is* the solution. Mobo might be
going haywire next as well, but currently it's absolutely stable. And I
have a backup now in case it wants to go ...

Kai