[CentOS] 802.11 Access Point software

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Sun Mar 10 21:08:18 UTC 2013

On 03/10/2013 04:35 PM, John R Pierce wrote:

>> Thanks Harald!  Though I need the i686 version, but given the x86_64, I
>> found the i686 one.
> and, here's the source of that build
> http://packages.atrpms.net/dist/el6/hostapd/
>
> hmm, it apparently hasn't been updated since 2007, that would bother me
> some.    hostapd itself, http://hostap.epitest.fi/hostapd/  is up to 2.0
> and there's a 1.1 release too.

Interestingly, Fedora 17 is only at 0.7.3-10.  It would be nice for a
more current version, but for what I need, if it works with WPA-PSK it
will be good enough for now for the lab I am building for my son.

I can see why such an app is not even in EPEL, as who would run an AP on
a enterprise server?  Someone that wants enterprise code in a portable
lab environment and not have to also lug along an AP. Even the Tenda
AP.  (Centos for this lab is loaded on an old OQO2).