[CentOS] Manual Yum Updates -- No connectivity to Outside Yum Server

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Mar 12 00:34:36 UTC 2013

On 3/11/2013 5:16 PM, Al Sparks wrote:
> I want to update a CentOS 6.x install.  But it's located behind a firewall with no connectivity to the external internet.

make a local copy of the centos repository section(s) you need, and
point your server at that via /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo ...

I use this script (on an internet connected machine) to grab all the 32
and 64bit centos releases, but not source RPMs

#!/usr/bin/sh
/usr/local/bin/lftp -c 'open ftp://mirrors.kernel.org && lcd
/export/mirror && mirror --continue --verbose=1 -x ia64 -x s390 -x s390x
-x alpha -x SRPMS centos'

then, my CentOS-Base.repo looks like...

[base]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Base
#mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=os
baseurl=http://xx.yy.ww.zz/mirror/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-6

(where that xx.yy.ww.zz is the internal/private IP of my mirror server...)