[CentOS] Postfix (Roundcube client) sends mail, but not able to receive

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 16:22:51 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 10:03 AM, Austin Einter <austin.einter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All
> Recently I just setup postfix, dovecot, roundcube etc in a dedicated server.
>
> >From roundcuble, I am able to send mail to my gmail account.
>
> But from my gmail account, when sent mail to my mail id, that I setup
> recently, I do not see that email in roundcuble inbox. Neither that mail
> bounced back in gmail. Not sure, how do I debug this.
>
> Kindly let me know how should I proceed to fix this issue.

First look in your posftix log to see if there has been an attempt to
deliver it.   If it hasn't gotten that far, make sure that your DNS MX
record is visible to the rest of the world and also the A record for
the name in the MX.   Then check that there are no firewalls blocking
port 25 either from the internet
service provider or your router, or your host.

These are easiest if you have some outside account where you can:
dig -t MX your_domain.com
then
dig name_of_MX_host
then
telnet IP_address 25
and you should get an SMTP ready prompt from your postfix.

If your domain name did not resolve in DNS at all, gmail should have
rejected it immediately, but it may resolve to the wrong address or
the connection may be blocked somewhere and it would retry for a
while.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com