[CentOS] Using LAMP stacks

Bruce Whealton bruce at futurewaveonline.com
Thu Mar 14 00:42:25 UTC 2013

Hello all,
        I thought some of the LAMP stacks at Bitnami would be great for
getting it all setup in Centos.  Making sure everything is in the right
place and referenced correctly.  I'm curious, though, as Centos comes with
Apache already and it's running on my system.  So, I wonder what these
installers do - ignore installing apache, when they discover it is already
installed?  Make it use a different port?  What would be nice would be to
put certain things on different domains.  That goes back to my previous
question about getting the vhost.conf to work and to get my system to use
virtual hosts.
...and if you see other lamp relate stacks that look interesting, it would
be nice if they could handle the situation where several components are
already installed and running and just skip those components when
installing...  Is that possible?
Thanks,
Bruce

Bruce Whealton - Web Design/Development/Programming
Future Wave Web Development:
http://futurewaveonline.com
Developing for the Desktop as well as for
Mobile Devices - Smartphones/Tablets
Call 919-636-5809