[CentOS] moderate rant un updates

b.j. mcclure keepertoad at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 14 19:37:49 UTC 2013

This may be slightly off topic on this thread but on all my workstations
using the Nvidia kmod from elrepo, the update to xorg removed the
symbolic link 'libglx.so in /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia
that points to nvidia's libglx.so.304.64.  Restoring that symbolic link
restored normal operation.  Perhaps a

'yum --enablerepo=elrepo reinstall kmod-nvidia'

would have accomplished the same thing but did not try it.  Seems like
it might not be the elrepo package that is the probleb.

B.J.

CentOS release 6.4 (Final)