[CentOS] 2 questions re UPS management

Keith Keller kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
Wed Mar 20 23:11:48 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-20, Gordon Messmer <yinyang at eburg.com> wrote:
> On 03/20/2013 11:19 AM, Keith Keller wrote:
>> Do you have a specific example of a UPS that is explicitly documented to
>> be configurable in this fashion?
>
> All of the non-rackmount APC UPSs I've seen in the last few years have a
> master outlet.
>
> http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/EALN-7SEGRP/EALN-7SEGRP_R6_EN.pdf
>
> Search for "master", and read the section Operation/power-saving feature
> for information on configuring the UPS.

Great, thanks!  I wouldn't see me using that feature myself, but I can
see where a lot of people who really just want a desktop connected to a
UPS might find it helpful.

The referenced manual seems to imply that the default setting for the
master outlet is disabled, so it may not be the issue the OP is having.

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us