[CentOS] Help with thread Centos 6.4 won't reboot on install

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 12:39:00 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 6:36 AM, Robert Benjamin <benjie1 at cox.net> wrote:

>> See this FAQ entry:
>>
>> http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/CentOS6#head-b67e85d98f0e9f1b599358105c551632c6ff7c90
>      Had read this FAQ many times and clicked "Configure Networking" and
> selected system eth0 and connect automatically. Bottom line is that it
> booted once but not a second time after logging off. Mentioned this I
> think. So that is where I have difficulties. In FAQ 2 above, the 'will
> start on boot in the future" is what id doesn't do. I can re-install
> again if that's necessary and hope it works this time.

If you can log in and use an editor in character mode you can fix it.
 The change needed in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 will
be obvious once you get that far.  But, it might be easier to
reinstall if you don't know how to do that.  Since it is a new install
anyway you won't lose anything.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com