[CentOS] Help with thread Centos 6.4 won't reboot on install

Robert Benjamin benjie1 at cox.net
Wed Mar 27 13:07:08 UTC 2013

On 3/27/2013 8:39 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 6:36 AM, Robert Benjamin <benjie1 at cox.net> wrote:
>>> See this FAQ entry:
>>>
>>> http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/CentOS6#head-b67e85d98f0e9f1b599358105c551632c6ff7c90
>>       Had read this FAQ many times and clicked "Configure Networking" and
>> selected system eth0 and connect automatically. Bottom line is that it
>> booted once but not a second time after logging off. Mentioned this I
>> think. So that is where I have difficulties. In FAQ 2 above, the 'will
>> start on boot in the future" is what id doesn't do. I can re-install
>> again if that's necessary and hope it works this time.
> If you can log in and use an editor in character mode you can fix it.
>   The change needed in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 will
> be obvious once you get that far.  But, it might be easier to
> reinstall if you don't know how to do that.  Since it is a new install
> anyway you won't lose anything.
     In the CentOS forum under Software Support is my thread: Centos 6.4
won't install on reboot. Post number 27 or 28 lists the output I got
from FAQ2 above from cat /etc /sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0  My
guess is the most important line there is ONBOOT=yes Anyway, there are
suggestions in the forum which I will follow and then post the results
back to the forum. Thanks again.