[CentOS] Help with thread Centos 6.4 won't reboot on install

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Wed Mar 27 13:12:25 UTC 2013

On Tue, March 26, 2013 16:08, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> I dunno - I don't think I was telling him to learn latin; rather,
> that he should increase his vocabulary beyond, oh, I read, years
> back, that the *average* American's *average* vocabulary was about
> 500 words... and that Koko the gorilla had 550 in ASL....
>
>        mark "eep, eep"

The median adult native English with high-school education has about
11,000 stem words from which perhaps 40-50k derivative words are
formed.  Technical jargon aside, one only requires about 6000 root
words to comprehend the essence of approximately 90% of all written
English text.

A native English speaker acquires about three new stem words per day
or over 2500 per year.

But, evidently one may be a boor with any size vocabulary.

Canada  L8E 3C3