[CentOS] Kickstart and volume group with a dash in the name

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn

dennisml at conversis.de
Thu May 2 16:13:39 UTC 2013

Hi,
I'm trying to setup the provisioning of new OpenStack hypervisors with
cinder volumes on them. The problem is that kickstart doesn't allow
dashed in volume group names?
I tried this:

volgroup cinder-volumes --pesize=4096 pv.02

and this:

volgroup cinder--volumes --pesize=4096 pv.02

but in both cases I end up with a volume group named "cindervolumes" on
the system. Any idea what I have to do to accomplish this?
Defining VGs with dashes works perfectly fine on the command line.

Regards,
   Denis