[CentOS] Problem with D-BUS Centos 6.4

AJH

ajh4711 at gmx.de
Mon May 6 09:46:47 UTC 2013

Hello,

I hope anyone at the list could help me...

I like to open a notify by using "/usr/bin/notify-send"
in  my .procmailrc.
Should show a notify if a new mail arrive.

My script which creates that notify-send is
working and if I test it everything works fine.

So I inserted it into my .procmailrc, i looks like that:
| perl /opt/sbin/mailnotify.pl
I like to grep my mail into my script which creates the notify-send...

If procmail triggers that script this messages comes up into
the logfile of procmail:

---
process 6975: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to
read machine uuid: Failed to open "/var/lib/dbus/machine-id": Permission
denied
See the manual page for dbus-uuidgen to correct this issue.
  D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
---

OK..I searched in the internet about that problem and found out that:
http://www.torkwrench.com/2011/12/16/d-bus-library-appears-to-be-incorrectly-set-up-failed-to-read-machine-uuid-failed-to-open-varlibdbusmachine-id/

But if i do that and insert:
"dbus-uuidgen > /var/lib/dbus/machine-id"
this is not the solution of my problem...the same happens again.

so my question:
could anyone tell my what I do wrong?

--

thanks + bye ajh