[CentOS] ECC memory errors

John Doe jdmls at yahoo.com
Mon May 6 15:21:29 UTC 2013

From: "m.roth at 5-cent.us" <m.roth at 5-cent.us>

>>  You can boot from the Firmware Maintenance CD.
>>  It will auto-detect all the hardware firmwares and update them if
>>  needed...
>>  You just have to find the most recent CD that still supports your model
>>  (see in the release notes), since they gradually remove old hw to make
>>  some room for new ones...
>
> No such luck: we don't have such a maintenance CD; if anyone does, it's
> the other Institute, and as we're doing admin work, I'd guess they
> don't have a real admin, so who knows where it is.

The ISOSs are downloadable...
Google "firmware maintenance cd" and check the "version history" to get the latest one.
Then, try the "release notes" to see if you find your server model (not always listed).
If not, go back a few versions until you find it.
CD 8.60 by example seems to have it and is not too old...
Download and burn.
Or, you could try the new way (I never tried it yet):
  http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/spp/index.html

JD