[CentOS] ECC memory errors

SilverTip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Mon May 6 22:15:30 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 3:39 PM, <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> John R Pierce wrote:
> >> Never heard of it. Just looked at it... winPE - is that the miniXP?
> >>
> >> And it bothers me that I've never heard of hirens - I*do*  have to be
> >> aware of security. I'm still thinking of wine.
> >
> > Hirens has been around for quite a while, and gets updated
> > periodically.     its a all-in-one CD or USB boot full of mostly open
> > source tools, can boot into memtest86, a linux kernel/shell/gui
> > environment, or into a 'bartPE' mini-XP environment.  freedos too, I
> > think.
> <snip>
> Interesting. I need to look at them further.
>
> HOWEVER: I saw something there about unpacking an .exe... and googled
> that, and found someone talking about doing that... which led me to
> cabextract, and, sure 'nough, I now have what was in that exe - flat
> files, CD, floppy! even a WinDoze floppy label printer!
>
> Now all I have to do is figure out which will be easiest to use - I'm
> hoping I can just copy the flat files or the floppy files, or USB files,
> and reboot into freedos and go.

Hope this works out. :)

You could use a Windows 98 (or other Windows boot floppy) to boot and run
the flashing utility.  You can even boot up with your USB stick (has the
utilities) plugged in ( it should become C: ).

I'm sure you could find a Windows floppy image online or one of us would be
happy to send you a copy (it would be about the security/trust you can have
in freedos images anyways).

Once you have the image it's trivial to turn a floppy image into a bootable
ISO.  But it sounds as if you have floppies and a floppy drive.

I think the freedos bits I saw in the HP bios updating archive for my
system was for the "Crisis Recovery Disk".

>          mark

Mike
//  SilverTip257  //