[CentOS] ddclient + zoneedit, was Re: Strange Postfix problem

Max Pyziur

pyz at brama.com
Mon May 6 22:35:00 UTC 2013

On Tue, 9 Apr 2013, tdukes at palmettoshopper.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Was trying to setup postfix on my home PC. Running Centos 6.4. I don't
> have a static IP and use zoneedit and ddclient to keep my installation
> of zoneminder current.

Greetings,

I saw this sometime ago.

I too have a domain name managed by zoneedit and have ddclient installed
in the hopes of having the ip address updated whenever the DSL connection
resets.

However so far, I haven't been able to configure ddclient properly to do
so. I keep getting the following error message in the /var/log/message
file:
May  6 18:27:11 leeloo ddclient[2124]: WARNING:  file
/var/cache/ddclient/ddclient.cache, line 3: Invalid Value for keyword 'ip'
= ''

... and haven't been able to figure out how to setup /etc/ddclient.conf

Any chance you could post some guidance?

Thanks,

Max Pyziur
pyz at brama.com