[CentOS] failed exaile install (Can't find gtkmozembed) [SOLVED]

Steve Blackwell zephod at cfl.rr.com
Thu May 9 01:15:37 UTC 2013

On Wed, 8 May 2013 9:24:06 -0400
Steve <zephod at cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> ---- Steve <zephod at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> >
> > ---- SilverTip257 <silvertip257 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I found a src rpm for python-cddb, modified the spec file a little
> and was able to build and install the rpm.
>
> I wanted to do the same for gnome-pthon2-gtkmozembed but it seems
> that the src rpm for this is gnome-python2-extras and I already have
> that installed but it doesn't include gtkmozembed.
>
> Note: I'm running these commands on a 6.3 system, not my 6.4.
>
> # rpm -qa | grep gnome-python2-extras
> gnome-python2-extras-2.25.3-30.fc13.src.rpm
>
> #  rpm -q --provides gnome-python2-extras-2.25.3-20.el6.i686
> pkgconfig(gnome-python-extras-2.0) = 2.25.3
> gnome-python2-extras = 2.25.3-20.el6
> gnome-python2-extras(x86-32) = 2.25.3-20.el6
>
> So where has gtkmozembed gone?
> Anybody know the history on this?

Answering myself...
I found this link:
http://lists.repoforge.org/pipermail/users/2012-February/022725.html

It appears that gnome-python2-gtkmozembed has been replaced by
gnome-python2-gtkhtml2 which I already have installed so I downloaded
the exaile src rpm, edited the spec file to remove the dependency on
gnome-python2-gtkmozembed, rebuilt the rpm and installed it.

Yea! exaile!

Steve