[CentOS] Looking for a CentOS-friendly online backup company

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri May 10 18:55:31 UTC 2013

Digimer wrote:
> Hi all.
>
>    We've got a lot of customers running CentOS 5 and 6 servers. We've
> been asked by many to provide backup, which is something we don't want
> to do in house. So we started looking for backup companies to partner
> with. The problem is that the ones we've found who support RHEL won't
> support CentOS.
>
>    So does anyone know of an online backup company that _will_ support
> CentOS (and Windows)?

Don't know of any... but ask to talk to an SE (sales engineer), rather
than just sales. I'd assume they know *nothing* of distros.

<shakes head> I once started a support call with Sun/Oracle *shudder*, and
the engineer got all huffy, they didn't support CentOS (it was a hardware
problem), and he obviously didn't know anything about it. I escalated, and
got another engineer (and the story goes downhill from there).

       mark