[CentOS] cifs mount desktop icon

Emiliano Mariño

tech7 at zma.com.ar
Fri May 10 19:13:25 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am mounting a Windows share on /media/%(USER)/mountpoint via pam_mount and I would like to show the volume desktop icon for every user logged in.
The thing is that it works only for the first user that gets logged, when another user logs in, the desktop icon is missing, but the share mount works just fine if you navigate through the /media directory.
The share is the same for all the users, but each user mounts it with its own privileges.

Could it be something related to the name of the share being the same each time? Is there a way to fix it?

Regards,
Emiliano