[CentOS] CentOS source rpm repository setup

Toralf Lund toralf.lund at pgs.com
Wed May 22 07:40:01 UTC 2013

On 22/05/13 01:49, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 05/21/2013 10:38 PM, Greg Bailey wrote:
>> I opened bug #6462 ( http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=6462 )
>>
>> to request this... I think this would be a useful feature to have
>> available by default.
> Thanks, we can perhaps roll that in as is, but with sources being repo
> specific it can get quite noisy. Overall better goal might be to have a
> single source repo that then covers the point release and splits as well.
Yep. I agree.

I was just going to say that a problem with vault is that you have to
update the repository location every time the "minor" version number
changes. We really want repositories like vault.centos.org/6/os/Source
and vault.centos.org/6/updates/Source. Unless, that is, we can somehow
get yum to set up a variable containing a "full" version number like 6.4.

- Toralf

> - KB

This e-mail, including any attachments and response string, may contain proprietary information which is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachment immediately. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, forward, copy, print or rely on this e-mail in any way except as permitted by the author.