[CentOS] Frustrated. Java on Centos 6 doesn't give an error message when downloading from a Samsung Galaxy S3

Keith Keller kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
Fri May 24 16:05:09 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-24, Rock <Rocksockdoc at gmail.com> wrote:

> If so, when would we expect to see MTP RPMs in the standard repositories?

What do you think are the "standard" repositories?

If you think that they are CentOS base, then they will almost certainly
not appear at all for CentOS 6.  And if my understanding of the MTP
libraries is correct, they probably won't appear in extras, either.  So
unless someone on the team has a compelling reason to put these packages
in addons (packages which change 100% binary compatibility with
upstream) it is really unlikely that they will ever appear in an
official CentOS repo.  (98% of the time I appreciate that the CentOS
team is conservative even when adding packages to addons.  The other 2%
I remind myself of the above and look elsewhere.)

If you're asking about other yum repositories, you'd have to ask them.
(Though IIRC some of those developers hang out here every once in a
while.)

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us