[CentOS] building software raid.

Johan Vermeulen

jvermeulen at cawdekempen.be
Fri Nov 1 16:41:08 UTC 2013

Op 30-10-13 17:38, John Doe schreef:
> From: Johan Vermeulen <jvermeulen at cawdekempen.be>
>
>> no I see I have /dev/md/md_d0 /dev/md_d0p1 /dev/md_d0p2
>> I don't know what is what....
> Not sure what you did with lvm but I would say that md_d0 is
> the (raid) device and md_d0p* are its partitions...
> Just do fdisk -l /dev/md/md_d0 (or gdisk).
>
> JD

Hello All,

fdisk -l was what I needed to bring clarity in the name-issue.

By now I tried this on a just-installed Centos6.4, updated machine, this
time with partitions instead of lvm.

I was able to follow the wiki all the way without EM
/etc/fstab now reads

//dev/md_d0p3   root
/dev/md_d0p1  home /

and so on.

I adapted /etc/grub.conf to /root=/dev/md_d0p3/ and deleted the rd_NO_MD
and ran the dracut commands.

BUT when rebooting I get :
/dracut warning : No root device "block:/dev/md_d0p" found./

searching through all the files, I see that /dev/mapper only contains
control in stead of
the usual links.

Could this be the issue?
And if it is, how can I generate or manualy add the usual links in this
file?

Greetings, J.