[CentOS] [OT] Building a new backup server

Sorin Srbu Sorin.Srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Tue Nov 5 13:04:16 UTC 2013

Highpoint actually had several drivers listed for RHEL/CentOS for download at
their site.

> Second, on our HBR's (that's a technical term - Honkin' Big RAIDS... <g>),
> we use ext4, and RAID 6. Also, for about two years, I keep finding things
> that say that although ext4 supports gigantic filesystems, the tools
> aren't there yet. The upshot is that I make several volumes and partition
> them into 14TB-16TB filesystems.

Can e.g. BackupPC handle several file systems to backup to?
I.e. comp1 through 10 should backup to /bak1, comp 11 through 20 to /bak2 and
so on.

What do you guys use for backup programs?

> Besides, if you have a problem with a truly humongous RAID, the rebuild
> will finish sometime around next summer....

That one has been nagging me too. 8-/

--
//Sorin