[CentOS] chipsets etc to avoid for CentOS 6.x

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 10:21:43 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Arun Khan <knura9 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Devin Reade <gdr at gno.org> wrote:
>>
>> I've typically stuck to Intel CPUs, and prefer Gigabyte or Intel
>> motherboards.  I'd prefer to minimize the likelihood of non-working
>> or marginally-working hardware.
>
> Gigabyte does list Linux for their boards, albeit as caveat -- an example here:
> <http://www.gigabyte.in/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4388#sp>
>
> I would suggest select a board that has been in the market for about 6
> months.   Look up the chipset on the board and verify support for it
> in the Linux kernel.   Also, besides costing a little less it will
> most likely work with the latest incarnate of the OS.

I had meant to add following info in my earlier response -

Supermicro makes desktop/workstation boards based on i3/i5/i7 CPUs and
compatible chip set:
<http://www.supermicro.com.tw/products/motherboard/Core/index.cfm>

OS compatibility for board chip set ==>
<http://www.supermicro.com.tw/products/motherboard/Core/index.cfm>

HTH
--
Arun Khan
Sent from my non-iphone/non-android device