[CentOS] qemu-kvm-rhev

Patrick Hurrelmann patrick.hurrelmann at lobster.de
Mon Nov 11 15:50:27 UTC 2013

On 11.11.2013 16:34, Nux! wrote:
> On 11.11.2013 14:59, Sander Grendelman wrote:
>> I recently ran into some problems using certain oVirt (3.3) features
>> on CentOS 6.4 hosts.
>> The solution was to use the qemu-kvm-rhev version from the EL6 RHEV
>> repository:
>> http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/RHEV/SRPMS/qemu-kvm-rhev-0.12.1.2-2.355.el6_4.9.src.rpm
>>
>> It seems that this tree is not carried/built by CentOS.
>> Are there any plans on the CentOS for carrying these packages?
>
> How does this differ from stock kvm?

It is basically the same srpm. Both srpms have it all. The rhev rpm only
defines "rhev 1" in its spec and therefore enables more features. It
also properly obsoletes the base qemu-kvm package then.

Patrick

--
Lobster LOGsuite GmbH, Münchner Straße 15a, D-82319 Starnberg

HRB 178831, Amtsgericht München
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Martin Fischer, Rolf Henrich