[CentOS] NFS hard mount

zGreenfelder zgreenfelder at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 17:59:48 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 5:34 AM, Rita <rmorgan466 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the detailed response.
>

> My problem is we have many NFS servers and clients. The client mounts to
> the servers using /net/serverA/dirA. When server A is decommissioned all
> the clients hand on `df`. I was wondering if there is a clean way to
> unmount the server instead of rebooting clients (100+ clients). I am try
> doing a lazy unmount but that doesn't seem to fix the problem.

I'd suggest that the NFS servers should have showmount -a run before hand and
the clients unmount/changed before the decom happens...
but then I'm bit by the seemingly broken nature of showmount on centos (at least
for me on my 6.4 machines, and assuming you run centos as your NFS servers).

I'd think you keep a comprehensive list of clients, perhaps running through them
to check for mounts to soon to be decom'd servers?

--
Even the Magic 8 ball has an opinion on email clients: Outlook not so good.