[CentOS] Crash and automatical reboot when using the NVIDIA card

Ron Young ron at prismsts.com
Fri Nov 15 15:06:44 UTC 2013

I am forced to use a windoze 7 box and recently MS decided in its infinite
wisdom to update the nvidia driver via windoze update.  My machine
immediately started with the same symptoms David is having...hanging at
indeterminate times, even a BSOD twice.  It would do this even when idle
during the night.

Googling for an answer resulted in finding a forum related to the nvidia
web site on which there was a post suggesting that there were a lot of
problems with the current version and we should reinstall back level
drivers.  The post suggested going back to 314.22.  I did so and have not
had a single problem since.

YMMV

Regards,

Ron Young
919-621-9015
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ronhyoung

Little tiny dreams require little tiny thoughts and little tiny steps.
Great big dreams require great big thoughts and little tiny steps.
*Kosh*: The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles
to vote.