[CentOS] CentOS 6 and Intel vPro?

Wes James comptekki at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 03:30:55 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 6:26 PM, Lists <lists at benjamindsmith.com> wrote:

<snip>

>  From what it seems, Intel wants everybody to be installing PKI AMT
> certificates on vPro motherboards via Windows.
>
> Does anybody have any information that might be useful about how to
> enable unencrypted VNC remote administration for CentOS based servers? I
> have a used KVM switch, but that's always been a sub-optimum solution,
> and it really makes a mess out of your server cages.

What type of admin are trying to do on your cluster.  First, to get the
most power out of your cluster, shouldn't you be running nodes in run level
3 (non gui).

You can set up ssh keys so you can create some scripts and perform your
commands  (from your admin machine) on each of your cluster nodes.  (i.e.,
running a command over ssh without a password being needed).

You may also be interested in esysman that allows for doing many admin
tasks from a web interface on your admin box:

https://github.com/comptekki/esysman

Just this last week I updated it to work with CentOS (orLSB/RPM based
systems).  It currently supports MS Windows, OS X, Xubuntu (and probably
other LSB/ubuntu/debian base systems) and now CentOS.

-wes