[CentOS] php 5.1 to 5.3

SilverTip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 12:45:53 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 3:03 AM, Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen at iki.fi>wrote:

> 2013/11/18 Nikos Gatsis - Qbit <ngatsis at qbit.gr>
>
> > Helo list
> > About a month ago I was wandering how to upgrade php 51 to 53.
> > Finally, I follow those instructions:
> > http://drup.org/upgrading-centos-5-php-5.3
> >

> Err. Do not compile packages by hand. IUS repository provides packages for
> php53.

No need for IUS for php53.  A php53 package is available in the base repo.

~]$ yum info php53
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Available Packages
Name       : php53
Arch       : i386
Version    : 5.3.3
Release    : 21.el5
Size       : 1.3 M
Repo       : base
Summary    : PHP scripting language for creating dynamic web sites
URL        : http://www.php.net/
License    : PHP and LGPLv2 and LGPLv2+
make it
           : easy for developers to write dynamically generated webpages.
PHP also
           : offers built-in database integration for several commercial and
           : non-commercial database management systems, so writing a
           : database-enabled webpage with PHP is fairly simple. The most
common
           : use of PHP coding is probably as a replacement for CGI scripts.
           :
           : The php package contains the module which adds support for the
PHP
           : language to Apache HTTP Server.

> --
> Eero