[CentOS] partitionless installation

Andrew Holway andrew.holway at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 17:55:19 UTC 2013

I think you are asking if it is possible to install centos virtual
machines without partitioning its LVM block device. I think you do not
want to use any partitioning or LVM within your virtual machine?

Yes, this is possible however it is annoying to make work as, iirc,
the anaconda installer requires partitions. It will not install on a
raw block device.

People have made this work however but I am unsure how.

What will you do about a swap partition?